Acts 16:16 – 40
1. a.) There are three conversions described in chapter 16: Lydia, the slave girl and the jailer. What does Luke tell us about how they each came to saving faith?
b.) What similarities are there in their conversion experiences? What differences?
2. There are significant differences between these three individuals. What are they? What do you think is the significance of Luke choosing to relate these three conversions?
3. How are these three conversions related to the decision of the Jerusalem Council?
4. What is new about the opposition that Paul faces in this passage? How does he respond?
5. What can we learn from these early missionaries about perseverance in the face of opposition?
6. In a sentence or two, summarize the main point (the ‘big idea’) of this passage.