Questions for Review & Discussion in your family and friends! Bring out your Bible for an interesting discussion:
- Why did Wilberforce feel Great Britain had reason to be seriously uneasy that God might bring judgment on the nation? Why would we in America feel the same?
- From what two considerations ought slave owners to have instructed their slaves in Christianity?
- Slave owners twisted the Bible to justify their version of slavery. With what Bible principles did Wilberforce refute them?
- What were some of the ways in which slavery was limited and made more humane in Bible times?
- What were some of the direct and indirect miseries which accompanied slavery?
- What are the social issues of our day that God desires us, like Wilberforce, to stand in the gap?